Roku app for iPhone and iPad
5904 ratings )
Current version: 4.2.1
, last update: 2 weeks ago
First release : 15 Dec 2011
App size: 64.69 Mb
The Roku® mobile app is a free iOS application that turns your mobile device into the ultimate streaming companion for Roku streaming players and Roku TVs.
To use the Roku mobile app, you must connect your phone or tablet to the same wireless network as your Roku device. Certain features require a compatible Roku device, and may require logging in to your Roku account.
Complement your Roku streaming experience and use the Roku mobile app to:
• Use your phone or tablet as a remote control for your Roku device
• Browse a hand-picked selection of great movies and TV shows using What’s On
• Use your voice or mobile keyboard to search for movies, TV shows, actors and directors
• Launch your favorite channels directly from your mobile device
• Add channels and games from the Roku Channel Store
• Listen to audio from streaming movies or shows, or local antenna TV, through your headphones with Private listening
• Cast videos, photos, and music to your TV using Play on Roku
• Use your mobile keyboard to enter text on your Roku device
• Follow your favorite movies, shows and actors/directors using My Feed
THIS APP REQUIRES A ROKU STREAMING PLAYER OR ROKU TV™
Certain features require compatible Roku devices and may require logging in to your Roku account.
· Roku Search is available only when your connected Roku streaming player or Roku TV supports this functionality. Roku Search is not available in Mexico.
· Searching by voice is available in English in the US and Canada only.
· Mobile Private Listening is available for Roku Express, Express+, Roku Streaming Stick (3600), Roku Premiere, Premiere+, Roku Ultra and Roku TVs
* Subscription or other payment may be required to access certain channel content. Channel availability is subject to change and varies by country.
For more information and troubleshooting help, go to http://support.roku.com
Pros and cons of Roku app for iPhone and iPad
Roku app good for
Love the feature where you can play music from your phone, but a little laggy.
Love it. Works great. No negative feedback at all. Everything works. I find it even better than actual
Roku, and it works perfectly!! Great option when I lose my remote ;)
Use it for Netflix and Hulu which are the things I use most on my
Pleased with the application. I use it regularly as a remote and for the most part enjoy playing music from the phone to the TV
Roku 3 and the app on my iPad. Its amazing. Bye bye cable.
I love my
Good feature, works well with the iPhone 6 Plus.. No lag an overall smooth app for the remote.
Some bad moments
It was mentioned you could use your headphones with the app to watch your movies without disturbing others - but you cant.
It would be nice if it would work! Since getting the app I was able to use it twice! It always says cant connect to my device. Useless app. Dont waste your time.
Designed only for iPhones not iPads
When using the iPhone app on my iPad, very buggy when streaming to the point that I gave up and used my iPhone which worked only slightly better.
Streaming photos only works for some photos and others are "not supported"
When streaming a video, it only streamed 10 seconds before crashing.
Sucks going to cancel it. Not worth it. Every time you search for a movie comes up "not available "
Roku so many bugs in this apple improve it
Sometime doesnt wort play on
Bugs everywhere. Always disconnecting, cant reconnect, play music on device doesnt work, sometimes cant find the streaming stick, and almost always services are unavailable. If it helps I bought the hdmi streaming stick yesterday as of writing this review and live in Canada. And no I am not tech challenged I know exactly what Im doing. Despite that the app is completely faulty. Please fix these connection problems, they are rendering the app useless. iPhone 6S running iOS 9.3.4.
roku mobile app,
roku remote free,
hulu free app,
roku remote control,
roku tv remote,
roku remote app,
roku 2 remote,
and other. So, download free Roku .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually Roku iOS app used & searched for